As defined in Section 3(1) of FCRA, 2010, foreign contribution can not be accepted by any:
- (a) a candidate for election;
- (b) correspondent, columnist, cartoonist, editor, owner, printer or publisher of a registered newspaper;
- (c) Judge, government servant or employee of any Corporation or any other body controlled on owned by the Government;
- (d) member of any legislature;
- (e) political party or office bearer thereof;
- (f) organization of a political nature as may be specified under subsection
- (1) of Section 5 by the Central Government.
- (g) association or company engaged in the production or broadcast of audio news or audio visual news or current affairs programmes
- through any electronic mode, or any other electronic form as defined in
- clause (r) of sub-section (i) of Section 2 of the Information Technology Act,
- 2000 or any other mode of mass communication;
- (h) correspondent or columnist, cartoonist, editor, owner of the
- association or company referred to in clause (g).
- Explanation – In clause (c) and section 6, the expression “corporation’ means a corporation owned or controlled by the Government and includes a Government company as defined in section 617 of the Companies Act, 1956.
- (i) individuals or associations who have been prohibited from receiving foreign contribution.
Ozg FCRA Consultant
Ozg Center, New Delhi, INDIA
Phone # 098.735.23276